Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My Name

My name is Nils. I believe it’s a Swedish-Scandinavian and its American name is Nickolas. It also means Victory of the people. It also has many feminine forms like, Nilsine, Nilsina, and Nilsa. If my sources are correct a long time ago Nils used to be a Greek name as well. There were many Nilses in Swedish history. Nils is the name of a famous musician, Nils Lofgren.  Nils is also in a book called, well, “The wonderful Adventures of Nils”. The book is about a mean little boy named Nils, not a thing like me, who gets shrunk and goes on an adventure on his goose.

My mom chose my name. At first she was a little confused because the doctor said I was going to be a girl. My dad was going to call Sue, but mom that was silly and decided to call me Nils. Mom thought it was a beautiful name. My family on my mother’s side are part Swedish. She also has an uncle named Nils,that she named me after.
I really like my name. I like it because it makes me sound unique. I was the only Nils in my whole school last year and the year before. If I have and kids in the future I would name then Erik, Luna, Stephen, and Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment